St Botolph’s Church
St Botolph’s is the parish church of Helpston. The priest in charge is Revd. Dave Maylor who took up the post in February 2012.
The church was built mainly between the twelfth and fourteenth centuries, though what was originally a Norman tower was rebuilt in 1865. The first known rector of the church was Galfrid de Helpeston in 1230.
The poet John Clare is buried in the Churchyard.
There is a service each Sunday: these are generally Communion services with a congregation of about 25 and 30 people. There are also two “all age” non-communion services a month.
The Church manages Botolph’s Barn in Church Lane as a community facility offering 2 meeting rooms which is available for renting by groups or individuals.