John Clare Primary School
At John Clare Primary School we aim to provide every child with experiences and learning opportunities that excite and challenge and that help to prepare them for their future. As a small school we pride ourselves on knowing our children well and that we can focus on the individual needs of each child and help them to develop their interests and skills. OFSTED 2012 said of the school ‘pupils thoroughly enjoy school …The curriculum is imaginatively planned, with a wide range of exciting experiences that make learning purposeful and relevant’.
‘We learn something new every day’ – Bradley
The school is named after the local village poet, John Clare, who lived from 1793-1864. The school was opened July 13 1965 in commemoration of the poet’s birthday. The school celebrates the birth of John Clare every year when they take part in the Midsummer Cushions festival and the John Clare Society Festival.
The School is housed in a pleasant, light airy building with its own playing field. Due to the popularity of the school the school has grown since it was opened in 1965. The school now comprises 4 classrooms, a music room, a learning zone/library and a small group room. In September 2010 our Reception class, the Helpston Pre-School and Out of School Club moved into a brand new eco-friendly building. We also have a swimming pool and changing facilities. The School field is dual-use and is used by the village after school hours and during weekends and holidays.
At John Clare, we take care to:
Inspire a passion for learning
Nuture compassion for each other and
Celebrate excellence and endeavour
Our School Aims
- To equip our children with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to become successful learners with a passion for learning
- To nurture and develop every child to become caring, compassionate and responsible members of the community
- To work in genuine partnership with families and the wider community
- To inspire and engage every child in an enjoyable, stimulating enquiry based curriculum in a safe and well maintained environment
- To challenge, support and develop our staff to become an outstanding, emotionally intelligent workforce
You can find more details about the school on its web site: www.johnclareschool.org
|Address:||John Clare Primary School